This Monday is the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday. He transcends time, fought for what is right, and still influences leaders to this day. He put his life on the line to change the lives of millions. In honor of his birthday, here are 10 of my favorite Martin Luther King Jr. quotes.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of convenience and comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
- “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
- “Ultimately a genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”
- “Everybody can be great … because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
- “I know that love is ultimately the only answer to mankind’s problems.”
- “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”
I appreciate you.
If you are new, subscribe to the email list to receive Monday Motivation’s first: https://mailchi.mp/566ae9df9c8d/mondaymotivation